Sunday, September 29, 2013

Design Inspiration from New Preston, CT

  New Preston, CT, and the surrounding areas in Litchfield County, are my idea of idyllic New England.  Think Currier & Ives and you get the picture.




I did some window shopping there today, simply for the joy of being inspired in a place I adore, in shops that I think are amazing. No, I don't live there ;-(   If you want to see the area I was in, click here.  I'm going to show you the inside of some of the shops (more fun!)

I kind of gasped when I went into Privet House.  I could move right in.  See what I mean...


Isn't this display of Hotel Silver absolutely fantastic?  I almost died.  Seriously.




 This copper got me.  Right in the heart.  True. Love.




I took this one of the room and a table setting as I was going to the upstairs level.





 Can you see the hammered silverware?  Gorgeous.




 The second floor was about furniture and accessories...









Every where I looked, my heart raced.


 Even the cleaning supplies display was crazy gorgeous!





After Privet House, I went over to Pergola, an indoor/outdoor, nature-inspired store...








I would have taken more pictures, but the store was so crowded.  Go figure.  Gorgeous New England fall day.  This little pocket of heaven.  Who would think?  Ha ha ;-)




Dawn Hill Antiques was next.  You ready?...





I nearly cried when I saw this piece!  It. was. so. beautiful. 




They have some of the most gorgeous stoneware, plates, majolica, etc.  This next collection nearly moved me to change careers to thievery (okay, not a chance, but a fun thought)...




Dawn Hill specializes in French, Dutch and Swedish antiques.  I could have photographed everything, but I would have bordered on obnoxious, and who needs that.  You will have to go yourself.









I took a quick trip into Sweets for treats to bring back to the girls and my man.  Click the link to be enchanted!

Next time I'm back I will visit the rest of the shops and share.  But really, if you ever find yourself in western Connecticut, you won't regret the side trip.

Have a great week,


4 comments:

  1. I've heard of Privet House....photo are amazing! The floors! What I'd like to achieve in the kitchen. There are some really nice pieces at Dawn Hill too. Thanks for sharing the photos. I can't believe I've never been out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serious eye candy! I wish my cleaning supplies looked that good at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a house on Lake Waramug and I love walking into town to check out all of the cute shops!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful house!!! I would like a visit!!!

    ReplyDelete