Monday, July 18, 2011

Serena & Lily and a Carriage House

Isn't she lovely?...


Serena & Lily's Amagansett chair

A client asked me to help her furnish all the rooms in her newly purchased Carriage House.  This house is all about a girl-escape. (Okay, I call it that.  She called it her "hotel."  I'm living vicariously.  I digress).  She purchased this cozy house to retreat to when she is in town on business.  She's had enough of the local hotel.  She wanted her own space.  So, we are creating a space that's a bit more girly than her primary family residence,  one where she needn't consider the design preferences of her husband or son.

The Serena & Lily chair, or at least its fabric, will find a home in the great room.  The goal for this entire space is a great flow of color (since it is very small), and a country cottage feel.  There are two bedrooms and a den that will be home to a sleep sofa and television.  Her daughter gets to choose the decor of the second bedroom, as she will be the one most likely to visit with her mom.  She's chosen this Serena & Lilly pillow as part of the inspiration for her bedroom...


Serena & Lilly

I'll be presenting the entire project to the client next week.  When decisions are made, I'll share the design details.  Our deadline is mid October for a complete installation, and I can't wait to see it finished.

If you've been wondering why I haven't been blogging much, well, family and work come first, and lately, there just hasn't been a whole lot left for the blog!  But, I'm glad you stay with me and continue to read!  I promise, there will be some fun projects to reveal :).

Talk to you soon,
Carol

Let's work together for the home you've always wanted.  Email me at SofasandSage@gmail.com.

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful it would be to decorate a home without considering anyone's tastes or preferences but your own!
    I'm sure the reveal will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything in that photo. The chair, the wall treatment, the floor and even the pale beigey-pink curtains are wonderful.

    Sounds like a really fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot wait to see the final design. Sounds like a dream project and I love the direction you're going. Whenever I receive the Serena & Lily catalog, I pour over the fabric choices; love the simple and elegant furniture design. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Serena and Lily! How much fun it will be to do a females place to relax while traveling!!
    Can't wait to see what you do.

    Mary Anne ox

    ReplyDelete