Friday, January 16, 2015

Raspberry Pecan Shortbread Squares

  Yeah, these raspberry shortbread squares really don't fit into a new year's healthy plan, but if you need a to-die-for treat, this is a great go-to.  I don't know this recipe's origin, as I got it from a co-worker years ago,  but it never fails to make me go back for seconds. Okay, and no joke, thirds.




It's a super simple recipe, and I promise, you'll be asked to make it again.  As a raspberry lover, I've never substituted any other jam, but I would say use the flavor that you love best.  I would also try different nuts (almonds!).






Raspberry Pecan Shortbread Squares

Preheat oven to 350

2 1/4 C Flour
1 C Sugar
1 C Melted Butter
1 C Chopped Pecans
1 Egg
10-12 oz. Seedless Preserves

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl,  EXCEPT the preserves.

Set aside 1 1/2 cups of mixture

Grease an 8x8 pan (I spray mine)

Press mixture on  bottom of the pan, making sure to cover the corners

Spread preserves on top, within 1/2" of pan edge

Top with remaining mixture that was set aside.

Bake 40-50 mins, until bubbly and getting golden to the top.

Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.





Enjoy the weekend, friends!!

2 comments:

  1. I think my mom used to make these as part of her Christmas cookie collection. They were great. And how much easier could they be?

    ReplyDelete