Saturday, June 29, 2013

New Series: A Room from a Pillow

We all know that there needs to be an inspiration piece for designing a space.  Maybe it's art, or color, or furniture, but I've decided to do a series where the inspiration is, of all fabulous things, a pillow.
I hope you'll hang out and follow along :-)

First up, I'm starting with this citrine and white linen baby, found here...





In my head, I saw this in a room that was traditional with a twist (my favorite kind), and what I came up with was this...



The drapes are a Schumacher fabric, which has the same yellow-green of the pillow (which just doesn't show right in the picture - argggh), and for an "off-match" I went for a more true yellow in a modern geometric.  It's important to add some fresh, modern patterns in a traditional room, so the overall affect is not a big yawn  too staid. ;-)  Same with the iron side table, lamp, and rug -- mixing it up keeps the interest going and gives some much needed texture.  

For a pop of contrast, I added the bright persimmon silk pillows, also found here, for a bit of the unexpected. 

I thought it would be fun to challenge myself a bit and see how many looks I can come up with as a result of a pillow.   As you all know from 6 Wilson, I'm pillow obsessed, so stay tuned...

Hope you are enjoying your summer,
Carol 

5 comments:

  1. That is just about my favorite pillow of your's. Love the room! I always tell people to build a room around one thing they love and that thing can easily be a pillow. Great example!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this! a great way to show how to incorporate one item you love and create beauty around it. Xo Marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! a great way to show how to incorporate one item you love and create beauty around it. Xo Marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traditional yet fresh! Fabulous pillow!! And that is a cool bobbin chair - love its updated painted surface.
    x Loi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that. It's kind of a historical color palette but the forms and patterns make it more modern. I adore those chairs!

    ReplyDelete